Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here's the basics: I'm working on a Gateway GT5058 with Windows XP Media Center 2005 for an older lady, who's grow son put a virus on it so bad, that it screwed up her recovery partition as well. No problem, I have an XP all in one disc with Media Center 2005 on it, i'll just reformat and put her code in and load her programs.
So, I load WinXP MCE 2005 from my all in one disc, and it comes up as MCE 2002 and her code (Printed on the MS sticker) will not pass activation. Now, i've loaded MCE 2005 on two other computers and it came up as MCE 2005, but on this one it keeps saying MCE 2002 and won't pass activation.
Now, if i run SIW, it tells me it's XP Pro! I downloaded 3 different torrent versions of MCE 2005 and each one had a bad file and failed to install. I don't mind using a hacked install disc, but I want to be able to use her Product Key Code and so far have not been able to activate.
I have been working with computer since Win 3.1 and this may be the first thing I can't solve. (I've had other things I couldnt' fix, but usually from bad hardware)
I'll listen to all suggestions, because although I wasn't standing over it the whole time I am now closing in on 50 HOURS of work on this one computer and still no resolution...
What ya got?

Jax

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.