Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Right the problem is as follows.

I am trying to install Xp on my machine. so i set the BIOS to boot form the cd load the CD into the drive and sit back.

The cd loads and the windows says that it is inspecting my hardware config, that goes ok, then the blue screen comes up, in the top cornre it says windows setup at the botom it says its compy files across, that works fine untill it says starting windows then everythig stops for 10 secs then my HD and CD drive start blinking and i think here we go. then the num lock light on my keybord goes off and the screen goes black and stays there......

i have left it for 30mins and nothing happens.....

HELP please....

Dz

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi

try updating your bios, you should beable to get the latest version from your motherboard manafacturs website.

the other thing you could try is to install win95/98/me and the do a upgage (run xp set up from the desktop)

hope it helps

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanx for the input

thing is Xp has been on this system before but i took it off, cant rember y, then i went to put it back on and no luck

Dz

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same problem, and fixed it by editing the system bus speed from 100 to 133 to compensate for my athlon xp 2000. Just an idea.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same problem, and fixed it by editing the system bus speed from 100 to 133 to compensate for my athlon xp 2000. Just an idea.

·
STILL Stuck in a treestand....
929 Posts
Do like he's saying try to load an older OS then if you get it up you know it's not a hardware problem. If an older OS loads then you can upgrade to XP. If it dosen't let you upgrade then I'd look to trying a different Xp cd. Just a thought.

·
Citizen of the world
51,047 Posts
You might consider resetting the BIOS to defaults, you may have set something that XP doesn't like. If XP is going to install, it should install without installing another O/S on the box! Since you say you've already had XP running on it, no reason it shouldn't again. Have you considered that you have some sort of hardware issue? Perhaps reseating the memory and other connections may help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi, thanks for all the posts.

I have tryed resetting the bios, no help, hardware problems could be, but i cant solve that its posted on the forums in video cards, but no one, even tech supoort at creative have managed to solve it.

hmm i hate XP, long live 98, (only cos it works)

Dz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.