Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed Windows XP on my 10GB hard drive after some confusions with win2k. OK, so what happened was that my hard drive wasnt detected as primary so I had to mess with the insides of the computer and change the jumper. After I changed the jumper to primary I restarted with win2k install and it said Corrupted or Damaged 10 GB.. OK, I formatted etc then went back into Win2k install, said there was 4 x 831GB drives..***?

Ok so I thought thius was a chance to instlal windows xp, i installed winxp and it only detects 2gb out of my 10 gb drive.. .*** . is this corrupted or something =(

·
Registered
139 Posts
What kind of "confusions" did you originally have with Win2k? How old is your motherboard, and what type/brand is it? Have you run CHKDSK to see if you have any bad sectors? Do you have more than one HD running on the same controller?

WE need a bit more information in order to help you. But, right now, without knowing much else, i'd say you have a bad HD.

S

·
0 Posts
Try writing zeros to the drive to clean it off proper. If you don't have the floppy that came with the hard drive then go to their website and download their utility disk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.