I click on the big green windows "start" button

I click on "run"

And absolutely nothing?

It's suddenly stopped working?

Any ideas anyone?

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Can you boot into Safe Mode (By repeatedly tapping the F8 key until the menu appears), you may want to try Last Known Good Configuration.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have uninstalled and reinstalled a lot of stuff since

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a lot of stuff since I noticed that problem. The computer boots up very quickly with no problems or errors. I do not believe that it's a problem that could be resolved by last know good if that were possible.

·
15,478 Posts
Run the System File Checker

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow ( sfc if not reconized)

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem. You will need your Windows cd.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Geekgirl said:
Run the System File Checker

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow ( sfc if not reconized)
QUOTE]

You must be joking! This guy problem IS he can't run anything from the run box.

Use de command prompt.

·
Superhuman Computer
1,632 Posts
OK, here's two alternatives to using the "Run..." button on the Start Menu:

1. Press 'Win + R' (Win is the windows key between your left Ctrl and left Alt keys) then type 'cmd' (without the quotes of course)
  2. Open My computer, navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and double click on cmd.exe

At least one of these will allow you to open the command prompt from which you can run the SFC (same instructions as above, except type 'SFC /scannow' into the command prompt instead of the Run box)

·
15,478 Posts
I apologize for the error fuzeta-mk. And by the way Kataclysm thanks for pointing that out. It would have been nice to have some advice from you besides the correction of mine.
I'm not perfect and occasionally I do screw up and am not affraid to admit it :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.