Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recentley got the WIN32.P2P-Worm.Alcan.a out of my system (allong with a few hundred other things that had been lurking in my system). I was relevied to find i had gottten rid of it, but was soon very fustrated. It seems that some system files got deleted, resulting in some of the visual settings missing. FOr example, the theme for Windows XP has been replaced by windows Classic. When I went to change it back to the XP theme, i found it was no longer avalible. i was wondering if anone could help. any help would be appreciated.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF

Heres some things to try

Click Start>Control Panel>Administrator Tools>Services>Themes>Properties>General Tab, change "Startup type:" to "Automatic", Apply, OK, click Start the service.

Download the Luna Theme

Unzip it and MOVE the luna.msstyles which is present in that folder you unzipped to this folder: C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Luna

Don't move it to anywhere else other than that folder!

Reboot the PC

Now… right click on your desktop> properties and and under the "themes" tab WindowsXP should be present again. Check the "Appearance" tab and WindowsXP Style should also be present. Select each..click apply..then ok..

Run the System File Checker

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow ( sfc if not reconized)

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem. You will need your Windows cd.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.