Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo... my dad, being the computer illiterate parent that he is.. Well i came home today and he had totally messed up teh display of my desktop, and here is what is wrong:
1. Desktop Icons no longer have transparent backgrounds. I followed 2 different tutorials on how to enable thsi again, and nothing is wrong, it hsould work.. but somehow its still ugly blue blocks behind the text.
2. When i change my screen resolution any higher, it doesnt fit to the monitor, it just shows the area of the desktop that my mouse is on (its too alrge to display so ti follows the mouse).

I have NO clue what he did... or how to fix it. Also the little icons by the clock have benn made larger, before they were stacked one onto pof the other (a columb of 2 icons across the row) And noowww.. it only shows one where there was two before. If anyone can help id appreciate it muchly. Also ive noticed that the active desktop options doesnt display when i right click my desktop. Thanks to anyone who replies.

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi,

Have you considered just going back to the lastest system restore point where the computer was set up the way you wanted it? That would probably be the easiest for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.