Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Recently my mums computer has been playing up i have no idea if its a virus or there is something faulty in it

But i start the computer up normally gets to the welcome screen i login yep its all fine starts loading shows the desktop the task bar at the bottem all fine then all of a suddon it reboots

Even when i try and start it in safe mode it still does it what could be causing this problem the system was fine before

Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
could be faulty RAM , if you got more than one stick in there try juggling them around and seeing if you can get in. not being able to get in in safe mode kinda sounds like a hardware issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, it could be you are getting an error but you can't see it because the pc reboots so fast. On next boot press F8 at the windows xp logo screen and from the list that appears pick "Disable automatic restart on system failure". Try that and if you do get an error post it up on here so we can see :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

**Stop: 0x00000050
**spooldr.sys - Address F8C859BD at F8C84000, Date Stamp, 46C58dec

That is the bluescreen error i get

how can i fix it without formatting

Thanks guys

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes i know that, but the problem is i cannot get into Safe mode or normal mode i can get into repair mode threw the windows xp cd but i cant really run a GUI program there ive tried deleting both spooldr.exe and spooldr.sys but they just come back as soon as the computer starts :S

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok i finally fixed it, i booted up from the Windows XP Cd and went into recovery mode deleted all the virus files "spooldr.exe" & "spooldr.sys" then copied my "tcpip.sys" from my computer on a floppy disk, then just went back to the infected computer copied it over threw Recovery Mode booted up now everything is working again Thanks for all your help guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.