Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my computer crashed now everytime i turn it on it says a file is missin and i got to press r to repair...i did this thinh where u have 6 floppys to reboot but i dont know what to do from their it doesnt do anything...anyone can help or guide me threw this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont have the offical windows cd i have this reboot cd which is like the 6 floppy thing. This is what happen i put it it in and went to start up windows but the user agreement was missing but then mircosoft i had to partition it and format it. i did the partition im not sure what to do from there how to reformat it etc....so i wanna see if i did it right.

anyone know what i have to do?

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
it is not a good idea to format without having the xp disk as it is the only way to reinstall xp back onto the computer
are you sure it is not a restore disk,where you press one of the F keys to instigate the restore

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i put the reboot cd which is not the offical windows. it said Set up cant find user agreement licenseing. So mircosoft said i had to erase the partition and format it.... i erased the partition but i dont know how to format.

can anyone help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so not even with the reboot disk i cant do anything?

on the blue screen it says windows home edition....so i have to get that cd right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.