Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...

I'm having an odd problem. When I try to access services.msc, I get a little box that says:

Windows cannot open this file:
File: services.msc
Then of course it gives me the options to either "use the web service to find the appropriate program" or "Select a program from the list"

When I click use the web service, the windows page says:
"File Type: Unknown
Description: Windows does not recognize this file type.
You may search the following Web site for related software and information"

What's going on with my laptop?? Help please!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would help if I knew what file to tell it to open a .msc file with...according to the Microsoft website, it has no idea what type of file extension that is...(despite that it's one they came up...whatever) so I have no idea what to program to tell my laptop to open it with...

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,227 Posts
Where are you accessing Services.msc? Go to Start/Run and type services.msc and press enter.
Or you can go to Start/Control Panel/Administrative Services/Services.msc.
If this still fails, go to Start/Run and type control userpasswords and press enter. Here create a new user with Admin rights. Log out of the user you are in and log in as the new user. Try going to Run and type services.msc and press enter.
If you still can't run this program, then most likely you are infected. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help do those things and post in that section of the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.