Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey...whenever i download a exe file or receive files over msn...if i open them windows automatically deletes them for some reason...how do i turn this of?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Well, I have never heard of that before. Perhaps you have a virus on your computer.

Download HijackThis. Unzip it. Run a scan, and save the log file. Copy and paste the log file, along with your problem, into a new thread on the HijackThis Log Help Forum (not this forum). The analysts will scan your log file to check for any malicious programs running on your system (viruses, trojans, worms, spyware, etc). If anything is found, they will provide you with steps to thoroughly cleanse your computer.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no no its not a virus..i just got the computer....its a dell if tht makes a difference..pre loaded software n stuff...heres a pic

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know the file but it does tht for any executable file when i open it!..how i disable windows from doing tht?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Open Control Panel. Go to Security Center. Click Firewall. Go to "Recommendations". A dialog box will pop up. Make sure there is a check in the box below that says "I have a firewall solution that I will monitor myself". Do the same with Virus Protection.

Hopefully you really are protected with a Firewall and Virus Scanner.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
at the top of ie below the address bar when you d/l,it will say something like
to allow this active x content click here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.