Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am having a problem with the sound drivers/cards on my Dell optiplex gx620. I can only run 1 program with audio (normally windows media player). I treied youtube on Google chrome, lunascape, IE and firefox. wont work at all. and if windows media player isnt the first program i run, then it gives me an error message that states that i may not have sound cards/drivers installed or may be in use by another program. i have gone through my audio devices and found nothing. I click on the volume controll and an error message that says "There are no active mixer devices available"

If any other details are needed then feel free to let me know.

Great melinko

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,120 Posts
Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. In the Device Manager open Sound and Game Controllers and take not of your Sound Card. Then go to Start/Run and type mmsys.cpl and hit enter. In the Sound properties, go to the Audio tab and make sure the Playback and Recording device is the same as the one in the Device Manager. If not take the drop down arrow and make it so.

·
Banned
35 Posts
First go to start then control panel then look for sounds and media click on audio to see if you have installed it correctly on your computer. Also look in system in control panel click on hardware then device manager to see if the drivers are installed, if you see a yellow question mark, then you need to reinstall the drivers for your sound card.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.