Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help! My PC is freezing on the starting windows screen, the logo still pulses but it never loads. Restarting gives me the start up repair option which also continuously shows the loading microsoft screen. Using f8 to get into safe mode works but then safe mode freezes when loading system files. Last known configuration option also freezes on the starting windows screen.

It was doing this yesterday so I left it on the loading screen while I went to uni and when I came back it was on the log in screen. I logged in and everything was fine. Thought I shouldn't turn it off but figured I'd try it. Shutdown no problem and it also restarted fine immediately after.

It then wouldn't turn on this morning and leaving it on all day didn't work, I came back to the loading screen.

I'm running Windows 7, fully updated as far as I know. I can't give you too many of the specs really, as I can't access much. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks. And no, it gets stuck on the loading windows files screen, after loading some of the drivers. I don't because I used a download from my uni, but I've just made a boot disc from that download.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.