Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Heres my problemo.

When I turn the computer on,windows starts loading with that blue bar going across the screen but it freezes about half way through loading and it just stays like that.

So, I went into safe mode and I tried system restore so I can get things like they were a few days back. However, I choose the date I want to go back to but the "next" button wont work. I click it and nothing happens.

So can someone please please tell me how to fix system restore or give me a completely different idea on how to get windows not to freeze up. Thanks a lot, appreciate anyone who can help. :pray:

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,884 Posts
A repair will verify all of the core XP system files are not corrupted. It won't delete anything, it simply fixes the XP files.

It could also be corrupt drivers. This happens more often with video drivers.

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Go to the Event Viewer. Go to Start Run/type compmgmt.msc. Click on the + sign next to Event Viewer . Click on System. See if there are any Red X Error's. Click on it, it will tell you what program or driver crashed the system. Then Uninstall it in Add Remove Programs.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Basically, you have to know the exact time that your computer froze. Look up that time and see if there was anything logged. If you don't know the time, restart your computer , make a note of the time it freezes, reboot into safe mode and look it up again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok Ive found two red crosses that I think is the correct time. Im just not sure which one.

Here are the descriptions.

1) DCOM got error "This service can not be started in safe mode" attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments in order to run the server.

2) The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

Fips
Intelppm
kl1
klbg
KLIF
Star Open

Im not sure which one it is.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Ok now go in device manager
start
run
type
devmgmt.msc

Under the "view" tab, click on "show hidden devices"
expand each title and report what drivers have a yellow ! mark beside them or red X.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.