Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having quite a few problems with my laptop recently and it all started with a software I downloaded so I'll list in order of what happened.

- I have a HP Pavillion DV6000 which I bought a year ago, no problems apart from a faulty motherboard which I had fixed

- I recently downloaded a software known as rocketdock which is nothing more than a copy of the Apple Mac scroll bar that has all the icons.

- I then managed to delete my videos folder by accident and as it was too large, it was not kept in the recycling bin

- I downloaded a programme known as "glaryundelete" that retrieves lost documents and files and got a few of my word documents and a few videos back but some videos were corrupt

- I deleted glaryundelete and rocketdock as my general speed of my laptop decreased for some reason

Problems now:

- My windows aero theme has vanished for some reason and I think this has something to do with system configuration where I changed a few startup settings but I don't remember the original ones

- My laptop does not go into sleep mode. I've never had problems with the sleep mode but all of a sudden it no longer does that when I close the lid or press sleep button.

I've had a look at the power plan settings, they are all perfectly normal and according to them, it should go into sleep mode but it still doesn't.

Does anyone know what's going on or has faced similar problems? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I did do a system restore but it did not recover any lost files. I'm not too fussed about the deleted files, it's the sleep mode and my windows aero theme I'm after!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.