Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have HP Pavillion laptop. I also have Vista. I have never had this issue before. But when I put my computer to sleep, i can wake it up but there will be nothing on the screen and I can't do anything. When I close the laptop and open it, it gives me the same issue. I set it to sleep when I close the laptop. I think it may be due to a recent file that I deleted. Every time I boot my pc I get this icon in my taskbar that says some start up programs have been blocked. In my case there was only one. I don't remember what it was called but I do know that it starts with the letter "g" and ends with a number. What can I do?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way when I said nothing on the screen, i meant that it would be blank. The screen would be black. It looks like my screen saver. My screensaver is blank. So it gave me a blank screen. And just now I found out that after a little while if I move the mouse again, then the desktop shows up. So there is a really long delay when i wake the pc up from sleep mode.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ran the sfc thing and it said there was no problem. The computer stays idle for a few seconds after waking up. I don't know what to do.

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,800 Posts
can you look in event viewer and see if there is any info in the logs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.