Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, Im helping a friend with hes laptop.
Theres something strange going on here and I cant figure whats wrong, Everytime he starts his computer he get an error message saying that the memory is almost full. This cant be true, he got like 1 program installed, And 68 GB Free on his C: drive. I think, for some reason windows have changed the default "saving" directory to one of the partitions, since 2 of them is almost full by now (OS_TOOLS and HP_RECOVERY.) I've tried to figure this out but i cant by myself.

If you got ANY idea except reinstalling, POST!

//Joel.

PS Its Windows Vista Home Basic. DS

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay did everything you wrote in the post... Seems to work.

Ill Attach them as a zip file here.

By the way, this computer is running Windows vista with swedish, If you cant understand use translate.google.com
Or ask me.

//Joel

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
thanks for providing the files. They will be looked at by someone more technical than me for other possible problems relating to your issue.

usually when it says memory is full, it refers to ram or virtual memory and not harddrive space. How much ram is in the system? I looked at the file you provided and it would tell but there is a translation issue and I just want to make sure.

IMO, there should be 2 gigs of ram in the system for vista to operate efficently. If you dont and you have a lot of startup programs/utilities, it could take most of your ram.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.