Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've got this painful issue with my Vista work notebook and windows filesharing. I'm simply getting the error from all of my PCs which is

"The network path was not found"

I can access files on my other home PCs, they can all resolve its name to an IP, and responds to ping either to the host name or the IP address.

In the Networking Centre I have network discovery, file sharing, public folder sharing and printer sharing enabled. I have disabled IPv6. The network is marked as Private as opposed to public which apparently has limitted access comparatively. I also have at least one share defined with "everyone" access. The computer is part of a domain which my other home PCs don't belong to. That said, work computers on the domain can't connect to it either and I haven't set any group policies which disallow filesharing among workstations. At work I can't access the PC via remote desktop either, despite it being turned on.

I have no virus scanners installed

I have disabled the Windows Firewall. The windows firewall is the only firewall installed on the PC

I should probably mention the notebook was new out of the box when I got it and has performed the same way since day 0.

I have configured a number of other vista notebooks for easy file sharing out of the box, but the one that matters doesn't work.

Naturally I can't share printers from it either, so its the whole samba thing that seems to be stopped.

Help would be much appreciated because I feel like I've gone through everything including the hosts files.

Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.