Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not exactly sure with what I downloaded, but all that i think i have downloaded in the past week are PDF docs and videos from hdvideo (when the problem started to happen). From there, I could only surf on Safe Mode with networking, whereas when I start windows vista normally, things do not open when I attempt to do so. Moreover, it takes forever when i press Ctrl Alt Dlt, but there it says the system "failed to start security options" and from there it's an eerie black screen with the start logo on the bottom left that cannot be clicked. The only method I could get the computer to restart was to manually switch it off and on.
I recently used Malwarebytes but it did not detect anything.

Additional details about my laptop:
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P8400 (2.26GHz)
Windows vista home premium
Memory 2GB
Hard Disk drive 250gb

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, I really need printing back <3

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,557 Posts
Did you try System restore to go back to a date prior to this happening?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i could never get it to open... i tried opening it, but it always says it is running. to the contrary when i open task manager it is not listed as a process

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
Hello kwzm! I believe you may be infected with malware. I would recommend going to the link in my signature "Virus Help Instructions" follow all instructions to a T. Post your problem. Perform all tasks they have you do to the letter so they can give you a clean bill of health.

Good luck,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.