Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been having a few problems with my CD-ROM drive for a few days now, and my PC hd been getting a little messy, so I decided to back up all the data that I needed to keep onto external USB drives, and reformat my HDD.

Because I've been having problems with my CD-ROM drive, and it wouldn't run the windows setup disk, I decided to install Vista to another partition, and then reformat it on the first partition whilst running the second. However quite stupidly, I think Partition Manager partitioned the whole drive instead of just the one old partition, either that or there was something in the original partition that I needed to be able to run properly.

I am now left with "NTLDR is missing, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" everytime I try to boot the PC, and therefore cannot boot. I have changed the BIOS settings to boot from the CD-ROM first, and even manually selected to boot from the CD-ROM from the Boot Menu too. Both of which still give me the same error above.

I am really stuck as to what I can actually do. There is no option to boot from USB flash drive in the BIOS, and the only hard drive that shows up in the BIOS is the internal one I'm having problems with, so installation from USB or USB HDD seems out of the question.

Please somebody help me.

Edit: My PC is a HP Pavilion Slimeline s3541.uk.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.