Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm having quite a few issues with my computer and just don't know enough to know what to do or where to start with what the root problem(s) are...or if this is even the right board to post to! I just want my computer to a point where it runs well again and to keep it that way.

Here's some info about my computer. I hope it's helpful to start with:
Windows Vista
Dell Vostro VOSTRO_200
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7200 @2.53 GHz
3 GB RAM
32-bit Operating System

Here are the biggest issues lately:

1. On startup, the fan runs really hard and fast...almost like an engine revving up. It also does it if the computer has gone to sleep after inactivity. If the screen is left on, the computer will wake itself back up after a period of time and the fan will rev like it does on startup. This doesn't seem like a good thing...but I have no clue what to do.

2. Recently, I've been deleting old photos and files that aren't needed and using Slim Cleaner+ to clean up my computer to help it run better. Today, something happened after I did a run with the program and I started getting messages every time I navigated to a new page in firefox that said Adobe Flash 11.8 r800 (or something like it) has stopped working. I updated my firefox and went to reboot my system...and it didn't want to reboot. I had to hit ctl/alt/del to get to the option to go to boot system and managed to get my computer going that way.

3. I'm not sure if this is an internet problem or a computer problem...our browser has been ridiculously slow and not responding. To navigate to simple html pages is even an issue...how do I know if this is my computer having trouble running firefox or the internet service?

What other info is needed to help? Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi! Thanks for responding. I appreciate it so much.

I read the manual and I have the latest flash installed. I haven't had the error come up since I rebooted, but am still having to "manually" boot my computer to get it going. And as a side note, I did an avast scan a handful of days ago and it found some "errors" I couldn't delete (some related to a flash install folder in the temp files), but was able to put in the vault. :ermm:

My system scan results: :nonono: I attached a screen shot of the command center so you can see what happened...after I hit enter for /scannow I realized maybe I should have done the verify one instead. I can't access the file where it says the log is saved. I'm logged on as the admin of the computer (at least I thought I was!)...next step? Should I go ahead and reboot?

Attachments

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,699 Posts
Did you already try running a repair and what do you mean manually boot, My thinking is you mean you cannot use restart, this all sounds much like you picked up some infection and it has not been cleared up properly.
I would follow the instructions here NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum
and make a new thread in the virus,trojan and spyware area of the forums and have your system checked out by a trained analyst,please post you info in that thread not here.I will leave this open so that you can come back here if you need further help once the analyst gives you the all clear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I think I accidentally ran a repair from what it was saying...

What I mean by manually reboot is when I go to start/restart my computer, it never runs whatever it is that runs at the beginning before loading Vista up. I have to press Ctl+Alt+Del and then the Dell screen that shows up in the startup comes up and I can press F12 to Boot...I choose the option that would be my hard drive and that then boots my computer fully to get to the login screen in Vista. I hope that makes sense.

I will post in the virus section and see what happens from there. Thank you! :thumb:

·
68,699 Posts
Hi that sounds like your entering the boot options to get the hard drive recognized would that be correct.

·
68,699 Posts
Hi you should be able to enter the bios by tapping F2 on booting then go to the boot options use the arrow keys to navigate and set the Hard drive as first boot device use F10 to save and exit then try booting, if it works as it should you should boot from the hard drive from then on,you might also clean out any dust etc from the machine with a can of compressed air just make sure you remove the power lead before doing any work and touch the unpainted area of the case to ground yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.