Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Update STUCK on SAME TWO updates!!

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
I have an issue with my Windows XP Pro being stuck on the SAME two updates!!! it ALWAYS says it successfully installed but ALWAYS tells me it needs to install those two updates again 20 minutes later!!! and the update progress says

"Installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 (KB2972105) (update 1 of 2)...

Installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 (KB2979574) (update 2 of 2)...
"

but it HAS been installing those SAME TWO updates for a couple of months now, it SAYS it was successful EVERY TIME, but INSISTS that it install again!!! I DON'T even know if it actually installed!!!

please help me get this installed and/or get the message to go away if/after it is installed

#6 ·
XP didn't originally come with any .NET, therefore I assume that .NET updates are outside the block on XP being updated, rather that it would come under the 'other MS products' updates.

Personally, unless there's a dire need for .Net on XP, I'd uninstall all versions of it and seek out alt. software that does an equivalent job. The fewer avenues there are into an unsupported OS the better.

#10 ·
Do not do this in Safe Mode. Go to Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Add Remove Programs, put a check in Show Updates, uninstall all of the .Net Frameworks here, Restart and then try the Cleanup tool again just to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.