Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day,

I work for a company that uses an ethernet connection and a netgear switch to connect a bunch of trucks together, and then software on the main computer to control all the different trucks and display the data off the trucks, rates, pressures, engine diagnostics etc.

Lately I have had an issue with the software on the main computer locking up. When I checked the event viewer the last couple of times I had a crypt32 error right around the time the software froze. Now I understand why this is happening, because windows is trying to update the root certificates, and I'm not connected to the internet.

The questions I have are:

Do you think it's possible that windows trying to update the root certificates could interfere with the connection between the main computer and the pumps, even for just a split second, to interrupt the software?

And also how would I go about trying to recreate the windows certificate update to see if I can make this issue happen again? Is there a program that runs to update the certificates? I've tried searching the internet and can't find a name or anything. This is the most important part of these questions. Recreating this issue and seeing if it shows up in the event viewer is of the utmost importance to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.