Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have recently just got done building my computer. Did the hardware, pretty much all the software till all I had to do was install 231 important windows updates. So I aloud it and it took a good hr to install it all.. than the computer shuts down and I turn it back on, than it goes into configure the updates mode.. 20 minutes later it says failed windows updates and is now reverting back.. and not in those exact words.

When I was finally able to get out of the revert update screen which took about 30-40 minutes everything seemed normal, till I opened the update history screen and showed about 95% of the updates failed. I also noticed that it had installed the updates on my HDD which is my D: storage but should have installed it on my C: SSD storage. Now I need to figure out how to get rid of that locked folder on my HDD and place all the windows updates on my SSD.

Specs

i7 4790k cpu

gtx 750 ti gpu

ddr5 2400 memory

evga 850 g2 psu

Z97 gaming 5 mobo

Samsung 500gb SSD

1.5tb HDD (seagate I think)

windows 7 64bit home

I've been searching around to see if there was a fix but a lot of people have had a really hard time with this issue and seems to be so many people unable to fix it.. I'll be turning off windows update till I figure this out.

Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
41,122 Posts
Turn on Windows update, when it shows all the updates, go to the Start Button and Shut Down and install Updates. It should install a good number of the updates. After that restart, let it continue to update and then go to Windows Update and install those updates. If that fails, do the same thing, and shut down and install updates. Continue to do this till you get all of the updates. If one or two or so updates fail, write down the KB # and google that plus Download and manually download the stand alone version of the update.

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, Acting
34,380 Posts
I agree - keep installing the updates and restarting the system. It should eventually install all of the updates.

As for the drive partition - you're saying that Windows installed the updates on drive d: ? How do you know this? (that the updates were installed on d:)

What drive is the actual Windows OS on? c: or d:?

Bring up a CMD prompt and run this command -
Code:
[FONT=Lucida Console]set >0 & start notepad 0
[/FONT]
A Notepad will open. Copy/Paste the output into your next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.