Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! :wave: I'm new here and I've got a question. I have my Windows Update set to install updates everyday at 3 A.M., and I was wondering if my computer is turned off and there are updates for that day, will the updates install the next time my computer is on at that time (3 A.M.) ?

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Hi there and welcome to TSF! :wave:

To be frank, no they won't install if you have it set to 3am and your computer is off at that time. An internet connection is required and wll be called for at that time. If the processor and harddisk is not powered on through the power supply, the connection and command is impossible to start up.

If you want to change the time go to Start>Run>type: wuaucpl.cpl and hit enter. Choose your time there and hit apply.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! If I miss any when the power is off, will the updates automatically install the next time my computer is on at 3 A.M. ? Is there a recommended time to set for the updates, or is it whenever you want to set them? Thanks for the help!:smile:

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Next time @ 3am: Yes they will.

Time: Whenever you will be logged on to the computer is the best time to set for having automatic updates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.