Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TSF - Enthusiast
4,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The two updates I received today according to the add or remove programs list are:
Hotfix for windows xp (KB976098-v2)
Update for windows xp (KB973687)

Now Windows is asking for a restart, problem is I think it installed SP3 as that was the latest update I saw when I opened the Windows update icon in the task bar a little while ago.
I may update to SP3 at some point, but I'm not ready for the hasle at the moment so is the windows update code number for SP3 the same as the one I mentioned above in the add or remove programs list? And should I restart my pc before uninstalling SP3 or could I uninstall it now without even restarting.

Thanks for any answer or info!

·
TSF - Enthusiast
4,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
well I don't know what SP3 does and I'm always scaird to do anything to my pc because it fails installs, uninstalls and almost any changes I make to it constantly.
:sad:

P.S. Oh, I found out about the updates just know from Microsoft site and Microsoft's support site.

Also thanks for the quick answer :wink:

·
TSF - Enthusiast
4,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At the moment that would be really hard as this is the only main work pc in the house (other than older laptop) and to lose data and all installed programs would be very sad.
Although most of the documents and pictures are backed up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.