Tech Support banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update KB5004945 stopped access from my HP laptop to my old Canon PIXMA MP620 printer which was working perfectly. This is a common problem and I tried to uninstall it, but Microsoft came up with other updates and it still does not access. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, adkbill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update driver here: Canon Drivers
Thank you. I tried it, but the Windows 10 is not supported, but Cannon said Windows 8 driver. would work, and it did with me before the update. So I am thinking I should uninstall the Canon software and treat it as a new installation and just reinstall it from my CD?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,221 Posts
Do that, but there might be an intemittant driver between the time of your CD and the latest. If it works, don't try to update.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had unexpected company, but tried out this good idea that did not work. I could not install the MP620 printer from my 2020 HP laptop, although I had done so just 2 months ago when I returned north from Florida. Windows 10 media player says it can not read the CD. The setup download from Canon's website sticks in progress and displays it can not find the printer and the printer is not connected although its with the same USB cord that worked before the Windows 10 update that disconnected me from the printer.
Therefore, it must still be the update that is the cause. Should I uninstall the new updates and go back one before the bad one (already uninstalled) and try again?
It would be easier if I could find a cd player app to install my printer from my CD. There mist be one as I just installed it in May. Thank you for your help.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,221 Posts
The going back is a good idea, but first I would try downloading the VLC Player and see if the CD works with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts