Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to restore my computer, but it never restarted, so i manualy restarted.
When it comes on I have the opshion of starting up in safe or normal mode, i have tried all three, then everything starts to load when the blue screen starts to apear the screen goes blank, then I receive about 3 or 4 error messages for inatance "cannot find start up menu" "cannot find logon menu" "try reinstalling mabe this will fix the problem" i haven't had the chance to do this yet, but when i do if it does not work then what do i do?

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF

Boot from the Windows CD and do a repair installation.

Set the computer to boot from cd first in the BIOS
Place the xp cd in cdrom and reboot
Boot from the xp cd and choose install
Ignore the first repair option and continue with install
When windows finds the previous installation and offers to repair
then do the repair
If you have xp sp2 installed it needs to be incorporated into your xp disk or it will not offer the repair option only the clean install

How to perform a Repair Installation of Windows XP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fixed the blank screen with your help, and after a week. I was using yahoo messenger (pc to pc call) when my computer shut off and restarted when it came back on it said.

a problem has been detected an windows had to shut down to prevent damage to your computer
page_fault_in_nopage_area
if this is the first time this is happening let windows restart, if it happens again start up in safe mode go to what ever it was. below that it said.

techenial information:
*** stop: 0X0000050 (0X9C609641,0X00000001,0X819D0000,0X0000000)
Beginning dump of physical memerory
dumping physcial memerory to disk (here) it counts 1 to 100 when it reaches 100 it would restart. I cant do a system restore because i had to do one just days before this happened i tried to reinstall the windows xp disk but that did not help either, i can start in safe mode so where do i go from here? Can you please help me? I need to know what to do in detail.
the forth set of numbers changes three times ever time it restarts, I had to start in safe mode just to turn the computer off. this is the first time i have had the blue screen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.