Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I'm having an issue while installing windows from a bootable USB drive. I have tried this with multiple images of windows 7 and i keep getting the same error namely "windows setup could not configure windows to run on this systems hardware".

How can i fix this issue

·
Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Team Moderator, Articles
39,557 Posts
Where are you getting your Windows 7 ISO file from?

Use this program here to mount an ISO to a USB:

ISO to USB

Ensure to select the right settings lie NFTS and Bootable.

·
Premium Member
41,821 Posts
Sadly ISOtoUSB has failed me recently. But I have no issues burning Bootable Windows ISO image with Rufus, in my signature.
Also, what version of Windows 7 are you installing? (eg) 32bit (x86) or 64Bit? You will need at least 4GB of RAM to install 64bit, and at least 2GB of RAM for 32bit Windows.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oky its not for my personal use i work as an technician and i am using YUMI to make the usb bootable as it allows me to make multiple iso's bootable from one USB drive, if i do it the long way around (diskpart method) it works but as soon as i try to do it through yumi it gives me that error, so basically i can get it to work but i just need to be able to make the usb device a "multiboot" where i can install windows xp (32-bit and 64-bit), windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit) and windows 8/ 8.1, aswell as Hirens boot disk.

·
Premium Member
41,821 Posts
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your USB drive must be Fat16/Fat32/NTFS formatted, otherwise Syslinux will fail and your drive will NOT Boot.
Since YUMI uses syslinux and GRUB to boot these ISO images, Maybe a MOD can move this thread to the Linux forum for better results.

·
Super Moderator, Editor, Articles Team
12,459 Posts
every bit would help just don't know how to move the thread
This thread has been moved. I deleted your new one.

Please don't create duplicate threads. If you need a thread moved, contact a Moderator or Manager, who will move the post for you.

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.