Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I operate with Windows XP and a number of different firewalls, antivirus, and protection software in order to protect my computer. Briefly, the list includes:
CCleaner, Ewido Security Suite, Norton Antivirus, AdAware SE, SpywareBlaster, Spybot, and Registry Mechanic.

I am fairly religious about running these in order to insure protection. About once or twice a week.

One issue puzzles me and I think it may be the result of my running multiple software for protection. Upon Booting my computer, (I insist that my computer be turned off every time we use it.) I consistently receive a note indicating that from Windows Security Center that my computer may be at risk because my NAV is not enabled. Upon investigating the evidence shows otherwise, ie. the software is enabled. The note recommends that by clicking the "error cloud" I can resolve the problem. I do so and within about 20-30 seconds I can hear my CPU clicking and the WSC goes from not enabled to enabled. Is there a simple explanation for this condition?? And more importantly, can you recommend a solution which someone without computer knowledge can execute??

tomh340

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.