- AMD XP 2800+
- Gigabyte GA-7NNXP Motherboard
- 1024 MB of Samsung DDR SDRAM @ 400MHz (2 x 512 modules)
- Asylum BFG NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 /w 256MB DDR RAM
- Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 200GB -7200 RPM -8MB Cache -Ultra ATA/133
- Nion Window Case w/ 420 Watt Power supply
- 16x DVD Samsung
My problem, I got the new barebones with Gigabyte 7NNXP motherboard...
I used to have problems even booting to windows, and I had problems with Windows recognizing the built-in LAN. After many hours of tinkering I got the LAN to work, and Windows to work. I disabled and changed some settings in the BIOS in order to get Windows to run. After getting things to run, I tried to reinstall Windows by 2 different ways.
- First, I tried cold boot by CD-ROM during boot phase. After it finished analyzing my computer, and asked me to select drive to install to, it only gave me options of reformatting the drive to NTFS. And it stated the drive has an unknown partition.
- At my second attempt, I tried to do fresh reinstall of Windows XP Pro from Windows XP Pro I already have set up. I instructed it to download all the updates, after it does so; it reboots then goes through the setup process of loading files to begin the install. At some point, a blue screen of death comes up telling me a halt in operation is probably caused by a device driver, anti-virus software, or defrag tool. And I have no other option but to press reboot button on the case.
If no one has advice or guidance on how to solve the matter, how do I remove the boot selection screen of it automatically picking Windows Setup each time I reboot?