Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the forums hope I'm in the right section :D

I'm here today in hopes someone here could help me.

My problem is as stated in the title I accidentally deleted my recovery partition on my laptop after I switched out my original hard drive to the newer solid state drive. Now to fill you in on the laptop its a UX32VD-DV71 it has 24GB flash memory on-board the motherboard and 500GB HDD, I switched out the 500HDD for a 256SSD.

I used norton ghost to do a complete clone of the drives but after i installed it their was an error so I had to re-install windows, while trying to install windows I found out it had a recovery partition but it was to late and I had deleted the partition with out paying attention to the actual size of the recovery partition. Now I am currently running windows but missing all of the Zenbook features I've tried to install some Asus software but it wouldn't let me showing a message stating it could only be install on Asus products.

If their is any other information you need please let me know.

·
Enthusiast
4,527 Posts
I would forget about the deleted recovery partition & instead put in place your own system recovery strategy in the form of a "partition image" of the C: drive. You will need a spare hard drive on which to save this partition image, and of course the software to create the image with. I can only recommend the software which I've been using for 3 years to do this - it's rock solid reliable: [email protected] Disk Image: [email protected] Disk Image. Windows & Servers Backup Software. Win XP, 7, 2003, 2008, Vista

Recovering your system using the manufacturer's Recovery method installs a fresh copy copy of Windows together with (usually) loads of crapware you don't need, plus you have to set up all your preferred Windows settings again and re-install your favourite applications -- no fun.

Recovering your system from your own partition image avoids all that, and it's much quicker. Plus, when your system drive fails (and it will one day) you'll have lost your manufacturer's recovery partition anyway, but your own backup image of the C: partition will still be intact on a different drive.

There are some free utilities for creating a partition image but I can't comment on their reliability as I've never used them. [email protected] Disk Image is the only one of it's kind that that I trust.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok say that I forget the deleted partition how do I make it so my computer will act like an ASUS computer? Message I'm getting is "Sorry, this program only supports ASUS notebook!" Will I be able to achieve the InstantOn feature 2sec boot of the Zenbook? My main concern is accessing all of the Zenbook features I understand their is bloatware in factory settings.

For example some software I try to install on the main ASUS support download section won't install telling me it's only available on Asus notebooks.

Also I have an Onboard 24GB flash memory as a recovery partition it is now empty I will use that an my system recovery. But how do I make it so its bootable through the BIOs such as F9 key like the original one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.