Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have Windows XP Home Edition, and I play the game Final Fantasy XI quite often, and recently I've been having a problem, my computer has been automatically restarting. About a week ago it started and everytime this would happen a blue screen would pop up, but nothing would be on the blue screen, it was just blank. I have Norton 2005 SystemWorks and Norton Internet Security 2003, both subscriptions have been updated within the past 2 hours. I also have Adaware, and Spybot Search and Destroy, also which have been updated and run, and found nothing except maybe a few tracking cookies which were easily deleted. Everytime it reboot it says this is the technical Information on why Windows Crashed, if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is the technical information my computer gives me on the problem:

BCCode : d1 BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 768_1

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini040604-05.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\MIKELL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2.tmp.dir01\sysdata.xml

My computer is about 2 years old, still in good condition, I've never had any problems with viruses or anything, but I think this might be a driver problem, maybe my motherboard, I just don't know, i'm not that good with computers, i know enough to get by but I'm stumped on this one. If you need more information than that i can give it to you just reply and ask me for specifics. Also, I've turned off automatically restart with ctrl pnl > system etc and now it just shows a blank blue screen, like it wants to give me technical information but it doesn't. If anyone has an questions or tips for me it would be greatly appreciated.

-Mike (Slammy)

·
Registered
630 Posts
does your computer restart and give you this error when you only play final fantasy? or does your compute crash whenever your on the computer?

first thing is to test out your ram for errors. even though your computer is two years old, which is old for a computer since computer technology keeps on getting updated, certain faulty issues could come up.

hmm............go to www.majorgeeks.com and click on the memory section on the left side, then download memtest86. you can put the program either on a floppy disk or cd. then you will need to change the first boot device in the bios to either floppy or cdrom since your gonna be booting to the program.

save settings in the bios, assuming you have the program in the floppy drive or cdrom, the computer will boot to memtest86 and the program will begin testing out your ram for errors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.