Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running W98SE, AMD Athlon XP 1800+ 1.53 Ghz machine.

I moved into a new house recently and the first time i cold booted up my computer the day after moving it said it found new hardware and wanted to install it. I didn't put in any new hardware had the same stuff for over a year now.

So anyways, I let it do its thing, I then restarted in Safe Mode and went into Device Manager and found that it had my CD burner in there twice and had added a new PNP Monitor to go along with my Viewsonic Monitor. So, I removed the extra burner and the PNP monitor and rebooted.

Everything was fine for a few days then about 1 out of every 20 times i did a cold boot, and only in the mornings after it had been shut down all night, I would recieve a "Windows Protection Error" message. I opened the case up and took out all my PCI and AGP cards and reinstalled them to make sure they were seated good and did the same thing to my interior and exterior cables. But, again 1 in 20 times i will still get this message. But, in reboot and it is perfect for two or three weeks.

I have my machine ghosted so i reghosted it back to the very 1st initial ghost i set with just OS and hardware and it still does it.

Like i said machine runs super perfect except for the fact that about once every two or three weeks i will get this Windows Protection Error message and just reboot and its fine

It's really no big deal except for I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the **** is causing that.

Is this something anyone has run into or should i be concerned or is it just one of those Windows things that is Area 51 oriented?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Laffctx

·
hey
10,189 Posts
Is there anymore to the windows protection error?

I've seen similar things due to power voltages coming from the outlets. Computer will work fine in every outlet of the house except for one. Then again, Florida is funny like that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.