Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got WinXP PRO & SP1 there was no activation problems. Now, after a year, I'm getting the WPA dialog. What's the deal here? I click Yes and the next dialog tells me "windows is already activated. Click Ok to exit." I click Exit and it brings me back to the activation dialog again. If I click no it won't let me in, just back to the dialog; although the first time in a long time that i encountered this problem a week ago i clicked no and it did let me in. It never gave me the activation problem again until several reboots later, which is now. I went to safe mode and tried some reg mods but to no avail. How do I get rid of this annoyance?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you by any chance just installed sp2??

I maintain pc's for about 300 people and i have seen this problem countless times since sp2 was released try checking the windows site but i doubt that the redmond clan have sorted it yet.

:4-thatsba

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't boot into the OS noramlly. and I can't install a virus scan in safe mode but I did do a scan a week ago and it came out clean. I ran spyware/malware programs (Ad-aware, CWShredder, Spyware Blaster, SpybotS&D like u mentioned, and HiJackThis) and everything came out clean. I tried to install SP2 last week but the windows update could not even install the update, let alone successfully downloading the actual update from their server; so I disabled the windows update since then. Evidently, I don't have SP2 installed. I checked the OS version in safe mode and it clearly says SP1, not SP2. Since I couldn't install the SP2, I ordered an SP2 CD online; I should be getting the CD in some weeks from now. I don't know if 'THAT" has anything to do with my problem here. Eventually, I'm going to try to install the SP2 CD onto my computer so it can reset my activation status from activated to de-activated, then I can enter the correct information to finally reactivate it. Even then, I don't know if that will solve the problem and if I decided to stick with SP1 instead, the problem is still there.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Security Team
10,821 Posts
FYI, a phone call to Microsoft's Activation Center takes only about 5-10 minutes and should fix your issue.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would but the dialog doesn't let me go to phone number screen so I can enter in the phone number to call them or provide an option to call their center; it just says that "Your Windows is already activated. Please click on Exit".

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am having the same exact problem, so there isn't much I can do either, because I can't even access my computer to reinstall windows.

Anymore suggestions from anybody?

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
This thread was over four years old. You have already made a thread, which I posted in.

Please let this thread die :smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.