Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Windows XP Messenger for video chats with a friend. All was working well until about 2 weeks ago. Now my interlocutor cannot see or hear me anymore. I don't understand because I show a signal sent for both my audio and video (my camera is on and working properly and the audio vu-metre is moving).

So I know that I emit audio and video but the other party still can't see/hear me. I just don't get it. We both tried desinstalling/reinstalling Windows Messenger (we have the latest release 4.7) , updating the drivers, plugging/unplugging the cameras, reinstalling the camera soft...etc. Nothing works. I can hear and see him but he can't see or hear me even though I shot an output audio and video signal. If that's of any help, we both use the same model, a Logitech clicksmart 510.

As I said, it was working just fine until about two weeks ago. Nothing new was installed on our computers, nothing was removed. Windows Messenger just stopped orking properly on his end.

Anyone has any idea what it could be? Thanks a lot. This is our only mean of live communication as we live in different countries.

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

Stray_Dog

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
hello Stray_Dog, welcome to the forums !!!
does the other party get any error messages generated by messenger ? in other words, how did the messenger stop working ? I know it might sound mundane, but did you check the basics, like contrast, brightness, power settings for the camera and such ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello there and thanks for the welcome,

No party gets any error messages. I also ran a test for my camera and it works just fine (both the video and the audio - it has a built-in microphone). I hear and see the other party, but the other party can't see or hear me. All that he gets is a black screen with no sound. All the volume levels are up and unmuted. I'm positive I am sending an audio (the vu-metre is moving) and video signal (the camera works fine when I take pictures or just run the test - I can see myself on the screen just fine)

I don't get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.