Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windows Media Player will only play the sound. I have updated to the latest version, loaded codecs, and tried downloading pc repairs and it will work for one time and then reverts back to a green screen the next time I try to play a video clip. Any suggestions?
Tks-

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi knoxvillegirl2, I had quite a lot of trouble after I installed the media player, well actually it took several months before the troubles began. But I did find out that the lastest versions of Media Player along with their codecs, was not compatible with WinME. I have Version 9.00.00.3349 and it works fine. When you download MS software, its best to save it to a folder first and install later, instead of doing an online install. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. I tried the VLC but it failed to work also. I downloaded a free version of PC fix and it also worked for one application and the next time I tried to open a video it was the same green screen. I re-loaded the windows application as suggested above too. I am at a loss.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It failed to change anything. It downloaded fine but did not play the clip. Just the same green screen with the audio playing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.