Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im at a loss at the moment. I cannot figure out why my wmp will not play streaming videos online. I've updated to wmp 11 and still nothing. Before I updated it kept wanting to install a plugin called Windows Media Player 11 but would never go through with the plugin install. I then just went and downloaded WMP 11 and updates which removed the prompt to install WMP 11 as a plugin. However now any time I go to any site with streaming video or music it says "connecting to media" then the status reads "ready". It will try to connect to media then say "ready" every time I click play. Anyone have any idea how to fix this or why its happening?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hmm still no luck with using codec packs, also if it helps it did work at one point and time but system restore wont fix it and Im not sure the exact date or even week/month it stopped working for streaming movies and sound.

I right clicked the empty wmp window and clicked Error Details. The following was displayed:

"Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might not be correct, the server might not be available, or your proxy settings might not be correct."

I checked my firewall (turned off then on) and checked proxy but i dont know much about proxy settings so didnt change anything from "automatically detect settings"

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tried that and still not working. Also tried all the other options. I believe the problem is with WMP because i can stream through realplayer and quicktime but not with WMP. Only problem is most sites don't give you a choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.