Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some other threads like this, but not the same problem.

My windows media player works fine, it is just when I am trying to play a video in both IE7 and Mozilla Firefox, the Windows media player comes up in the browser with the black box and says "ready" but nothign ever plays. I hit hte play button and it does nothing.

Any ideas?

·
Happy to support TSF!
7,263 Posts
Hi there rathofman,

this sometimes happens if the server is busy, it may be an idea to completely clear your internet cache, history, cookies etc then go back to the page. If the same happens, click refresh on the toolbar a few times to see if that loads the clip or not.

Does this happen on all sites with video clips or just some?

Are you able to view any content at any of these places:

www.yikers.com
www.mojoflix.com

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I cannot view the videos on either of those pages. It is not that the server is busy either because I can download them and open them up separately in Windows Media Player...they just wont stream on open in the browser. It is not the cache, history, and cookies either because this has been happening for quite some time now and I delete those regularly.

·
Happy to support TSF!
7,263 Posts
Ok...I sometimes get the same happen when the server is busy so thought i'd ask.

Have you tried reinstalling Windows Media Player? Perhaps one of the dll files has become damaged or corrupt so reinstalling will place fresh copies where you need them and register them for you :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will work on reinstalling that next. I updated to WMP 11 and it didnt do anything, so reinstal is next.

Where the video is located? Its EVERY video. Ha, lucky me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.