Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Windows Media Player recently stopped working. When trying to play video or audio I would receive the error message "%1 is not a valid Win32 application." I tried upgrading to WMP 10 and during the installation process got the error message "The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdmo.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." This error was displayed 16 times and each time I would click "OK". Eventually the installation was completed but when trying to play a video or listen to music in Windows Media Player 10 I again received an error message that read "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Patrick

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Hello & welcome to TSF ,

what you need to do is go to ( http://www.majorgeeks.com ) and get the K-Lite codec pack and install it, this will give you the codecs to read those files

it is free

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to www.majorgeeks.com and downloaded the K-Lite Codec Pack as but I still get an error message when trying to play a video or listen to music with windows Media Player. The error is read as follows: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

Thanks,

Patrick

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
okay ,
what you need to do is have the media player check for installed codecs

now you will have to work your way thru the players funtions to find this function but it is there

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.