Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm experiencing problems with Windows Media Player 7 on my Compaq Armada. It will play mpegs fine but files that are movie type or anything not mpeg in properties it plays the audio but not the video. Instead you get Media Players ambient swirls and stuff playing.

Any ideas?

Mark

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
More then likely you have one of two problems the file you are trying to play is either corruct or requires a certian codec package that you dont have installed does it give you any error message when you try to play them

·
1,143 Posts
It was not up there when I posted we must have post near the same time. But what can I say great minds think alike

S

·
0 Posts
Sorry dude...:winkgrin:

This is one of my pet peeves, A person will put up a post of what they think is the solution to a problem.

Then a few posts later someone else puts up the same thing like they either didn't read all of the posts or are just trying to boost their post count.

This aggravates the hell out of me.......:upset:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Speed in Der defense if you and I are viewing and commenting to the same post.... it will post both of the answers without either of us seeing them...then if I take the post down to edit it...youll see the old post repond to that and when the new post is up it will make no sense....

S

·
0 Posts
Doonz

I understand that if two people post at the same time then that's that.

That is why the "Sorry Dude" is there.

I didn't notice the time of his post. And I am also sure that Der is quite capable of defending himself.

As far as the rest of my post is concerned people come on here and just post away to things that have been already taken care of or are as old as the hills.

But they are going to put up a post anyway no matter what the status of the thread.

Do ya see where I'm coming from.....:ponder:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Yeah....speed....Listen I dont know enough to know I dont know s&*t...and I reponded a little to fast....

I have been guilty of posting to old threads...(if this is where you are coming from) only because the old stuff isnt closed and becuse someone posted then left the board still doesnt mean that the next person looking for a solution cant be helped!!

Sorry if I ruffled feathers....just having fun!!

Peace ??

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
see what I mean by typing.....See what O/S post;)

got lots of love (do get the wrong idea here) and respect for Speed0....thats why I was so quick to apologize:)

S

·
0 Posts
I wasn't pointing fingers I was just stating the fact that some newbies come on and go on a posting frenzy for a while.

But after their keyboard starts smoking and their finger gets sore they tend to slow down a bit......LOL

After all this did start out between the Der and I......:D

·
1,143 Posts
Two comments if I felt a need to defend my self I would

Second... I was sorta one of those posters but I read them all before I posted so I didnt repost some ones answers but I have like 50 post in 2 days. I have slowed up a little due to there being a lack of questions I have answers too..

S

·
0 Posts
I know you have answers, And good ones at that...:D

The point I'm trying to get across is I am on and off of this site quite frequently during the day.

And all of a sudden you will notice a new member has joined, This is a good thing.

But as I start going through the threads I also notice that he/she has been on a posting spree.

Now some of the answers do make sense but most of them do not.

Answers like, I agree or that's a good idea. You get the picture.

If I had my way there would be no post count at all. It doesn't mean anything.......LOL

·
Registered
852 Posts
what can I say great minds think alike
Hey, thats my line. Now if you had said "like JAMMAN said" it would have been Tech's line.

OK, I'll go to my control panel and count my posts now.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bloody hell people have I started a war! Anyway the problem still hasn't been resolved. I'll just do some codec downloading.

Cheers
Mark

S

·
0 Posts
No War......:D

This is what we do while we are waiting for people to post back...:winkgrin:

·
1,143 Posts
Make I make love not war. And yeah we are just entertain our selfs till you come back and let us know if you problem is resolved or you tried that and it did not work so we can see where to go from there. To increase yours and our knowledge base.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.