Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i just installed windows media player 10 on my computer and it ran good the first time and then i came on today and i click on a link to open windows media player to play a video and this error msg came up. If i reinstall media player it works first time until i reboot and then again this error msg comes up
The server is available because it works when i reinstall it.

any ideas?

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. If the file is on another computer, verify that you are connected to the network. If you typed a path, verify that it is correct. If the problem persists, the server might not be available.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Where did the video come from; is it stored on your hard drive, or on a disk or another computer or what? And was it downloaded?

·
Registered
296 Posts
hey i was getting a problem as well......whenever i opened my WMP it crshed and gave an error of soem drwatson thing S: i think theres an anti virus like tht but i dont know where i got it...if thts wha u get ....search for the file and delete it worked so far for me:D

·
Registered
722 Posts
malice69 said:
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. If the file is on another computer, verify that you are connected to the network. If you typed a path, verify that it is correct. If the problem persists, the server might not be available.
Just tried on my two computers and they both give me that exact same message.[mine are working on other sites]Seems it may be the site???? :4-dontkno
See if yours will work ok on a different site.
Could it be anything to do with the program having ended.......just wondering there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi

yeh it may have something to do with the program nearly ending... im not to sure..
the program ends tonight so i wont be going on the website again...

thanx for ur help anyway.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.