Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded WMP10 and had periodic problems when watching streaming video. At some point, WMP10 just wouldn't close. So when I ended one video segment and tried to click on another, WMP10 wouldn't open because it had never closed from the prior use. The only way to resolve the problem is to reboot. This occurs on a completely random basis. I uninstalled 10 and reinstalled 9 which worked well until Microsoft message said "there's an update to 9 available and do you want it?" Foolishly I said "yes".

Well now I'm back to the same old problem. Re-booting (or having to click the "Run With Real Player" option) is a nuisance. I'm not looking for a solution to the problem, but HEY if anyone has one, great. What I'd really just settle for is advice on how can I close WMP10 manually so that I can avoid all the re-booting stuff. It happens with enough frequency to make it really annoying.

From all my attempts to download, install, uninstall, etc WMP 9 and 10, I've got so many files in the Media Player folder I really don't even know which one to attack first...if any. Could this be (part of) the problem? I actually have the following in the folder:
mpsetupxp.exe
mp10setup.exe
mpplayer2.exe
setup_wm.exe
wmplayer.exe

I'm running Dell Dimension 8300, Windows XP (Home) SP2, 512Ram 74GB

Thanks a lot.

Bob

P

·
0 Posts
I usually refer to this website when i have a problem with wmp. If i were you I would get the latest codecs and patches for wmp and install them. Besides fixes there are great features that would make wmp more fun. Check it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.