Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
system restore does not have any prior dates to use as a start point, and when I give it a date it will only get through about two thirds of the way through then aborts.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forums thebowns1

Have you tried running scandisk then defrag first? It may help..;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
speedo

yes even in the through and repair mode of scan disk and have even reloaded windows over the existing file. If I could have a folder with all the files that sys restore reqires, maybe I could see if the is a file missing because none of my files are either corrupted or infected. I'm at a loss. All else works fine or so it seems

S

·
0 Posts
Hi

I don't know how large your hard drive is but try the following.

To allocate more disk space for archiving restore points
Open System Properties.
Select a drive from the Available drives box by clicking it, and then click Settings. If you have only one drive or partition, it is selected for you.
In the Drive <drive:>settings box, move the Disk space to use slider to change the disk space allocation for System Restore. Note that you cannot exceed 12 percent of the available disk space.

Notes

To open System Properties, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System. In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab.
System Restore requires at least 200 MB of available space on the hard disk (or the partition that contains your operating system folder). For best performance and protection, you should allocate more space.

By default, when the operating system installs System Restore on your computer, it allocates approximately 12 percent of the available disk space to System Restore to archive restore points.

Check this out...:)

Also you may try doing it in safe mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
responding

I have a 14.2 gig hard drive with 11.6 free and my sys restore disc space is set at 1756 MB which is the max. allowed. Although under sys. file properties / troubleshooting, the box was checked
that said " disable system restore". I unchecked that box and hit the apply. Note in the troubleshooting list of boxes to be checked none were except disable sys restore, and i unchecked that one.

·
Registered
130 Posts
restore point windows me

Hi! I`m not what you would call a computer fixer, but according to microsoft after unless you down load a patch windows restore does not work after 9-8-2001.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.