Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

windows login problem and save mode problem

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Tobias_Loeffler 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I have since a cupple of days the following problems with my computer:

When i boot it up and the windows password shreen comes, i cant log in because the part of the logon screen with the username, password field, password hint etc. is missing.... here a screen shot of it (yea, its in german...guesse were I am from!):

So I logged in by pressing ctr+alt+delete twice. I used the username that was in the loginbox and since I don't even have a windows password (!), I just lett the passwordfield free and I could log in without problems. later I noticed that the account I loged in to has not admin rights but is only an visitor account. Unfortunately I dont remember what my login name is since you dont have to type it in on regular bases in windows xp.

After that I tried to boot up the computer in safe moode to get to the account "administrator" which is without password. But my safemoode seems not to be working too! I just used it several days ago and everything was ok. But now, when i boot it up in safemoode the computer turns itself of right before the loogin schreen comes!

I did several things with my computer right before I had these problems that could in my oppinion possibly have something to do with my problems.
I addded a password to my useraccount but i made up my minde and deleted it right away again.
I also did some work with the regestry, but I dont realy think that that schould have anything to do with my problems since I was very carefull and the only thing I actually changed was adding the following key to the regestry (for autostart) and deleting it later again.

Code:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"systemStart"="c:\\test.bat"
I dont think that I accidently messed up anything else in the regestry!

Thank you very much for your help!
Tobias

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hello, sry for the double post but I think its clearer like this than if I would etit the first post.
I just solved my problem on my own, here what I did, for the case that somebody has a simmilar problem or is just interested.

I just gave it another shot to get into the save moode and this time it surprisingly worked. I logged into to the account "administrator". Than I whent to Start/ Run and whent to "control userpasswords2". My username was in the group "debugger users" instead of "administrators". I changed this and now everything is normal again!

I am still wondering how this happend and why i could not enter the savemoode (and why it probably worked again)..... if anybody has ideas, i would be interested!

Tobias

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.