Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

At work i have a windows 7 based pc that is joined to a domain. Now what happens is this:

1. I login to the office domain.

2. I lock my pc

Now when i press ctrl+alt+del to unlock the pc it presents me with local pc user login. So i have to press switch user, click on the current logged in domain account and enter pasword to unlock. This happens every time when i lock my domain account. Is this the way that unlocking in Win 7, joined to a domain, works? In XP when i pressed ctrl+alt+del to unlock pc i just had to enter the pwd.

Can you give me a solution to this problem.

Thanx
Anupam

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True, it should but it does not. Also i think that the screenshot you posted is showing the logon screen, not the lock screen.

·
Premium Member
41,821 Posts
This is what the lock screen looks like, and after pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL you will have the next screen with your Domain log in.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When i say that i locked the pc, i mean that after i have logged on to the domain, i press "Windows key + L" to lock my pc. After that when i press Ctrl+Alt+Del to unlock the pc i am presented with the local PC account, not the domain account that i had previously locked. So i have to click switch user then click on the domain account icon then enter the password. What should have happened, you will agree, is that when i press Ctrl+Alt+Del i should have been prompted to enter domain pwd and not presented with local pc login and pwd.

By the way, i am not in front of my PC right now. I will see if I can attach a screenshot later (to explain the problem).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.