Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i didnt really know where to put this because there doesnt look like a place to really put it for it to go and i thought id place it right here hope thats ok. so anyways. my windows live messenger signs in and is fine untill i open up a chat window then give it like 5-9 seconds later its disconnected. i donno much else what to say about this. tried it without my firewall on same thing happens. not running no router. thats pretty much exactly my issue in a nut shell. not sure if you can actually help out with this but i posted athread because theres a little glimmer of hope that someone might be able to and either way of which happens or doesnt . thanks in advanced. anyways . peace and love :wave:

·
Banned
268 Posts
did you see an error code when you loaded it back up, like "MSN crashed" and you should be able to click "Details" and it hopefully gives you some kind of error code. If it does, post that code in google and see if you find someone else with a similar incident that also has a solution.

Also, what version of MSN are you using? I had an issue where i was using an old version and it was trying to access new stuff from the internet and kept crashing. What anti-virus' do you have?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
no error code . msn didnt exactly crash on me. just disconnects then try's to auto recconnect when i open a chat im window stays connected otherwise if i dont do anything. im using zone alarm security suite and i have the newest version of msn (unwillingly forced upon me)i have done searches and nothing popped up just a bunch of msn error codes and i tried 2 of the methods out which were not directed at my problem from the search results i found .never did to much . its not the end of the world tho just slightly maddenning but ill survive. (possiblely) lol :)

·
Banned
268 Posts
try deleting your temprorary internet files and clearing your cookies. I'm not much with MSN, so i'm not much help. sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.