Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Team Moderator, Articles
39,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just downloaded and installed Windows Live Essentials 2012. When I go to launch Movie Maker I get the following error.

I did make sure my computer meets the requirements for Movie maker and my DirectX is version 11 with my DDI Version being 10.

I tried uninstalling Movie maker and reinstalling it but no fix.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
39,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using the Onboard Graphics.

I meet all of the other requirements. 4GB of RAM, i5-M430 @ 2.42GHz, IE9, Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1 and a stable Cable Internet connection.

·
Premium Member
41,821 Posts
What is the shared amount a Video RAM for your VGA port? Try increasing it in the Bios. Or try a separate Video card with it's own Video RAM

·
39,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Video Card RAM is labled here:

Display Memory: 1696 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB

As for resetting it in the BIOS. This is a Dell Laptop and Dell locks the BIOS, so I can't change any settings.

·
Premium Member
41,821 Posts
Never heard of a Dell's Bios being locked unless you or the previous owner set a password?
What happens when you press F2?

·
39,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am the first and only owner of the computer.

F2 does bring me into the BIOS. It's just the only settings I can change are time, date, Boot and enable/disable some other things. I looked around to reset Video Card RAM but didn't see any option.

It may just be that its a bug with Microsoft maybe? I could wait a little while and see if a update comes out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.