Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Windows XP proffessional edition x64 sp2

newly installed with new components (no old parts)

Hi I have a huge problem, this is getting so annoying I dont know what to do anymore, I've searched the internet for answers but without any luck. I've posted help on tons of forums and got some hints and tips but not anything to solve my problem. I stumbled over this place and could see many competent people, I just hope one of more of you can help me too.

I have'nt found out much but I have found the logbook and what actually happens during this shutdown.

In eventvwr under the security file I found this right at the time of the shutdown:
------------------------------------------------------
[Source: SECURITY]
[Category: System Event]
[Type: Success A]
[Event ID: 513]
[User: N/A]

Windows is shutting down. All logon sessions will be terminated by this shutdown.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
--------------------------------------------------------
This is the only information I found somewhat relevant. But from my own experience I can say that windows is doing a proper shutdown, closing everything down then logging off and saving settings etc. And there I am, dumbstruck.

This happened for the first time 5 days ago (had the computer for a few months) I've updated drivers, run windows update, scanned for viruses and nothing helped. It happened yesterday and then again today. Both times I was in World of Warcraft, but my computer is still cool and should it be a heat problem it would just cut the power straight off not do a proper shutdown.

I have had some bluescreens too if this is helping at all, just thought I'd get everything out here.

Really hope for someone to help me and if you do, I'd be forever grateful. This is a new expensive piece of equipment and I'd hate it if I cant get it work properly.

[Edit] Now that I think of it, I might have "alt-tabbed" right before this happened the 2 last times, I'm unsure about the first time a few days ago but I think its possible I did so then as well. I used alt+tab to get back into the game and then pop, back out to windows, closing programs etc and shutting down.

·
Registered
141 Posts
HI ninjin,

Need to post the details of the hardware.

You say it is newly installed. Just read that you ran Windows update but It sounds like it is successfully installing updates and rebooting. You said it started 5 days ago, have you added any hardware or software around that time. You can look at the system restore calander to get clues.

The log you are looking at is Security event viewer. Tell us what is in the other log "system events" just before the time of the reboot.

Also have a look at the Application log to see if there has been an Application issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
HI ninjin,

Need to post the details of the hardware.

You say it is newly installed. Just read that you ran Windows update but It sounds like it is successfully installing updates and rebooting. You said it started 5 days ago, have you added any hardware or software around that time. You can look at the system restore calander to get clues.

The log you are looking at is Security event viewer. Tell us what is in the other log "system events" just before the time of the reboot.

Also have a look at the Application log to see if there has been an Application issue.
(nothing found in application)
Found this in "system" in eventvwr:

"The Event log service was stopped.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

"The Error Reporting Service service entered the stopped state.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

"The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered the stopped state.

Same for punkbuster program and nvidia display drivers, although i suspect this is just beacuse the computer is shutting down?

Today I also got this error message more then once, actually 5 times just when i started up my computer,

BCCode : 9c BCP1 : 0000000000000000 BCP2 : FFFFFADF5D091240 BCP3 : 0000000000000000 BCP4 : 0000000000000000 OSVer : 5_2_3790 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

No parts of my computer has been installed except for when I put it all together when I got it delivered.

Parts that I have in my computer are:

(My only old parts is a dvd/cd-rw cdrom device from my old computer and a hdd very much like the new hdd i have, bought it a few months ago)
HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-44808 SCSI CdRom Device
Western digital 250gb sata

All the new parts:

WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE 320GB SATA/300 16MB

CORSAIR 6GB DDR3 XMS3 INTEL I7 PC12800 1600MHZ (3X2GB)

ASUS P6T SE X58 S-1366 ATX

ASUS GEFORCE GTX 260 896MB DDR3 PCI-E DVI

XILENCE REDWING Power Supply 600W

INTEL CORE I7 920 2.66GHZ 8MB S-1366

I'm considering installing Windows Vista x64, should I wait to see what the cause of the problem is first though, if its a hardware problem?

And I have no clue about how to view system restore calendar.

I have windows update deactivated (more precise I have it set on "Download updates for me, but let me install them")

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just say if you need any other information and I'll post here as soon as I can. I really want to solve this problem ASAP

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My bluescreens get the message 0x0000009c (0x0000000000000000,0x 0xFFFFFADF091240, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

or something like that, after a bit of googling around I found out that this indeed is a hardware problem and that it could be the problem of cpu etc, and since i have a very new cpu (i7) i looked around for a updated Bios, I used asus program and updated it, and i guess i'll have to wait and see if i get the same error again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not getting any response, sad but true.

I have decided to install the beta version of windows 7 or in worst case windows vista.

I have also noticed that one driver for my motherboard was not installed, apparently I had to install the Microsoft HD AUU drivers before installing my onboard soundcard, I've done this and unfortunately I have'nt been able to see if it has solved the problem or not yet.

I am fairly sure that switching operating system to vista or windows 7 will solve all my problems, XP x64 is probably the most unstable OS I've ever had... Win ME was more stable...

Im tired and frustrated, any more problems and I'm installing Linux.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Installed windows 7, runs perfect. No problems, better performance in games too.

No problems at all. Problem solved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.