Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I log into the IE it freezes on the first click-on, and then goes back to the desk top. I am able to use Google Chrome to get around o.k., but I don't have the normal "file", "view" "tools". etc.

· Registered
5,921 Posts
Not sure if this route will work in XP but from Start type temp then click on Change temporary Internet file settings - this will give you the same window as you would get via Tools etc. then under the Advanced tab click on Reset and you can select how much you want it to reset by.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: XP Randomly Freezes with no Error Message or BSOD

Hi. Need to know if I can isolate, and reload internet exploer since currently it won't stay up. Please help me. Thank you.

· Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,618 Posts
Re: XP Randomly Freezes with no Error Message or BSOD

Please do not Hijack someone else's thread.Also do not post more then one thread about the same problem. I have merged your threads together.
Your profile says your OS XP 6, there is no such thing. XP 6 Edit your profile so, that it says what version of XP (Pro, Home) and the Service Pack (SP3 etc) your are running.
What version of IE are you running? (ex) IE6, IE7, IE8? To reset IE go Start/Control Panel/Internet Options/Advanced/Reset Internet Explorer Settings/Reset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.