1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I play a video or burn a disk I get a message:

WINDOWS INSTALLER - PLEASE WAIT WHILE WINDOWS CONFIGURES
PHOTOGALLERY.

THEN IT ASKS ME TO INSERT A DISK WITH THE PROGRAM PHOTO GALLERY ON IT.

I honestly do not know what program PhotoGallery is. IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING?

Other than just being annoying and sometimes an interruption. It hasn't hurt anything. I just want to stop it form continuing.. Any suggestions?

thanks

·
UK
1,142 Posts
Does it show in Add/Remove programs? If it does, try removing it.

Failing that, go to START>Run and type msconfig, and have a look in the start-up folder, and if it appears there, disable it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its not in either control panel nor msconfig.

strangely enough it doesn't even come up in a search.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
PhotoGallery should be on your HP printer CD. I don't know why it would be trying to install so often, unless maybe you started to install it when you first installed the printer and then cancelled before it completed.

Do you have a HP printer?

From http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=51983
post #10
I had a similar problem and it is definatly with the the HP software. After a few back and forths with HP support I finally got a reasonable solution. There are two ways to accomplish the same thing:

Insert Hp disc that was supplyed with printer.
Go to Start then Run type "X:\Photogallery\PhotoGallery.msi"
(Replace X: with the CD-ROM drive letter and leave out quotes).

Or

While Hp disc is inserted click on one of the media files that produced the error message and it will automatically install the missing file.

Hope this helps. I can't believe there is no mention of this problem on their site. After searching I found many people with the same problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.